A caption is the short version of an explanation that you put close to your images. Although a picture is worth a thousand words, sometimes you need a few words to really magnify the effect of the image. Captions help summarize what’s in the photograph and help tie it to your story.
Photos without captions is like a book without a title. You may have got the right photo but expressing your feelings behind it plays a major role in your overall interaction with the photo.
People look for the photo and then read the caption to understand the context behind it. Here are a few reasons to have captions.
- A caption can grab this attention and compel the user to read your article to find more information.
- Captions are scannable.
- Captions connect text and photos.
- It helps make more sense of a photo.
- It helps Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Captionsare a great way to connect on a deeper level with your followers, which in turn can boost your brand loyalty. Here are a few examples of some really great captions.
- Do what you love, love what you do
- Don’t quit your daydream
- Own what’s yours
- The only way you win is if I quit
- Work until you no longer have to introduce yourself
Just like with any piece of written material, it takes time and thought to come up with creative content to match and fit each business. These are the type of detailed tasks that are right up my alley!